On the morning of Christmas 2015, no sign of snow or winter weather was to be found in New York City. It was a warm Christmas, celebrated by my jacketless denim outfit and a pair of sneakers. 

I experienced a "gossip girl" moment at the courtyard of Lotte New York Palace- a popular spot filmed many times by the show. While I recognized the site, I was amazed on my recollection of a tv show I barely watched 10 years ago. Oh may Blair and Chuck live forever happily married, etc, etc. But I knew I could not leave New York without a shot of images that capture my own spin of the Gossip Girl drama.

My drama: matching denim on denim. Despite never being advised to match such a thing, the rebel forces has made the look a trend. Rihanna and my favorite blogger Aimee Song has been seen wearing the trend, shown below:

These matched pieces were easy for me to pair, being the fact that I don't own many denim pieces. In fact, I hardly wear jeans. But out of the jeans I own, they're all ripped (intentionally of course)! I love it for its edgy look. 

Photographed by Allisha 

SHOP:

• Topshop denim button down shirt (sold out, similar here),
  • Topshop boyfriend jeans (sold out, similar here),
  • Nike personalized Roshe One (customize here),
  • Salvatore Ferragamore Miss Vara Mini Saffiano Leather Bow Bag (buy here),
  • H&M choker (buy here),
  • Christian Dior reflected sunglasses (buy here)

Comment