Rise and shine. Can't believe winter break is almost coming to an end. Another week to hold on to the calm whispers: sleep late, wake up late, do whatever you want, YOU'RE the boss of YOU. Soon enough you will slowly see the smile above fade away and become a rare exhibit. As I enter my last semester as a Senior, I can already feel the struggle to survive. Maybe I should have planned my college years properly so that the last year would be a smoother one, but no one really prepares you for what college has to offer, do they? I am just glad that everything about college, with the exception of long breaks, is almost coming to an end. 

Then, I'll have to transition into the button-downed, classy, professional office lady. There's something about this baby pink and white striped button down shirt that fit into the transition. Collared shirts always naturally give that polished look. Yet, maybe it is the soft colors that almost makes it look relaxed and casual. Take the pants off and it could bring you into a Hollywood music video where you wake up on a California king sized bed as a tall effortlessly sexy Candice Swanepoel in her boyfriend's shirt and no trace of morning breath. Yes, once you wear this shirt, everything about you turns sexy. Something I really need since I chopped my long hair off. With the lob (long bob) I seem to portray a matured baby that grew up too quickly. Don't get me wrong, I really like the short cut, but once in a blue moon, I do miss the tingling tickles down my back. 

Why is it that longer hair is considered more "beautiful" and "feminine." Maybe that was one of the reasons I stuck with the same hairstyle for 5 years. I am glad that shorter hair is today's growing trend. There shouldn't be a standard of beauty for women. Hair, like our style, should represent our personality, thoughts, and beliefs. That's the type of attitude that will always steal the spotlight, regardless of any hairstyle. Hairstyles, like any type of style, will reflect back on you. At the end of the day, standard beauty is just that: standard.

But I digress.

Moral of the story, this shirt is the solution to all your problems. 

Photographed by Mo

SHOP:

• Forever 21 Striped Button Down Shirt (sold out, similar here)
  • Victoria's Secret Satin & Lace Long Line Bra (buy here)
  • Topshop Moto 'Jamie' Ripped Skinny Jeans (buy here)
  • Forever 21 Fleece Cardigan (sold out, similar here)
  • Nasty Gal Laurel Ring Set (buy here)
  • Nasty Gal Avalon Pavé Hand Piece (buy here)
  • Forever 21 Nude Heels with Metal Cuff (sold out, similar here or here)

Comment